The Small Print
Deposits and payments
1. For larger orders like weddings, parties, christenings etc you will be issued with a formal quotation on confirmation of booking. You can take this away to mull it over or book with me on the spot. Booking does require a 25% deposit of the full amount. Please note that I do not take credit cards - it's cash or cheque only. Bookings made in the days following the consultation can send a cheque to cover the deposit.
2. Payment of the 25% booking deposit guarantees a time slot in my baking schedule and is therefore non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
3. The remaining 75% of the full amount must be paid two weeks prior to the event date.
4. Consultations can also be conducted over the telephone or email, however this may lead to ambiguity of the specification. To avoid this, please provide as much detail as possible to help me understand your requirements. Website references and photographs of designs you favour are helpful indicators when dealing with customers who aren't able to visit me in person.
1. I have a variety of stands to hire, please see the stand hire page for more details.
2. Each time a stand is hired, two charges make up the hire charge. The first is the hire charge and is non-refundable. The second is the hire deposit, a refundable amount returned to the customer upon return of a full, undamaged stand. I ask for a deposit to cover the full value of the stand, in case the stand is:
- part is missing
- the stand is not returned within the agreed timeframe
- the stand is not returned at all!
3. It is the customer's responsibility to return the stand to me in the condition in which it was hired.
4. I ask for the hired stand to be returned before the next weekend. Weekends are a busy time for weddings, christenings and birthdays, so by returning the stand promptly, you're ensuring that another bride, baby or birthday person gets to celebrate in style!
1. Upon collection of the order by the customer, I am no longer responsible for the condition of the order.
4. Orders should be placed on a flat service when travelling, such as the foot well of the passenger seat or the boot. Secure the box at the sides to ensure it does not move around during travel. Drive slowly... more slowly than you'd think, but without holding up traffic! Gift boxes are supplied with inserts to hold the cupcakes, but cupcakes are well known escape artists and will take any chance to leap about the box.
1. I reserve the right to increase my product prices, in line with any major rises in production costs. However, I do make every attempt to avoid this.
2. Confirmed bookings will not be affected by price increases.
1. I reserve the right to withdraw certain products, packages or special offers at certain times.
2. Confirmed bookings will not be affected by these withdrawals.
1. I operate a delivery service within the local area, with charges according to local postcodes.
2. Delivery to locations outside of my local area is at my discretion, based upon available resources. Charges for this service is per application, so please contact me for more details.
3. If no one is available to receive the delivery at the designated address, I will return the order to my home and keep your order for 24 hours to allow you time to collect the order yourself. If you wish me to redeliver the order within this time period, a second delivery charge will be made. After 24 hours of the first failed delivery, the cakes will be past their best and the order will be disposed of.
4. Upon delivery of the order to the recipient, I am no longer responsible for the condition of the order.
5. I cannot accept responsibility for orders collected and delivered by a third party courier arranged by the customer.
1. Providing my products are stored correctly, they are at their best on the day of baking, tasty the day after and not at their best-but still edible- from day three.
2. Keep the cupcakes in the box in which they were collected or delivered, until they are required. I supply my cakes in confectioner's boxes, so these are the best place for them to stay. If you transfer the cakes to an airtight container, decorations can lose their shape and the cases have the potential to peel away.
3. Keep the box in a cool place. It’s tempting, but please don’t store the cupcakes in the fridge! The cold air will dry the cakes out and change their texture completely.
1. Nuts are used in products made in my kitchen, therefore I cannot guarantee that other products are nut free.
Cancellations or amendments
1. If you need to cancel or amend the quantity required, please note that cakes are baked on the day and decorations are made during the week before the event - the more intricate, the earlier in the week they are scheduled. By providing as much warning as possible, I can avoid baking/making items that are not needed, or not baking/making enough.
2. I am more than happy to accommodate increases to orders, if I have the baking time available.
Returns and complaints
1. I work hard to ensure that the order specifications agreed with my customers are detailed and unambiguous, therefore removing room for error. I use colour swatches and photographs supplied by the customer to match buttercream colours, etc.
2. If you find that the order supplied does not match the order specification, please let me know immediately. Call, stating the event name and the area of concern. I will work with you to identify what the problem is and how to solve it.
3. I cannot accept a complaint regarding one of my products if that complaint is made 24 hours after delivery or collection.
4. I cannot accept a complaint regarding one of my products, if no specific evidence of the complaint is provided within 24 hours following delivery or collection. Evidence can take the form of the product itself or photographs detailing the complaint.
Changes to my T&C's
1. My business is continually evolving, and as such, I reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions to suit.